Homefinder operates an open Housing Register. Everyone over the age of 16, subject to certain exclusions is eligible to apply to join.
Applications can not be accepted from households that include
- People who are subject to immigration control within the meaning of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996;
- People from outside the United Kingdom who fail the habitual residency test;
- People from outside the United Kingdom who are in breach of or whose residence does not comply with the European Union of Rights of Residence Directive and Statutory Instruments.
Not all applicants who are eligible to apply to join the Housing Register will be accepted on to the Register. An applicant may not qualify if they;
- Have behaved in an manner that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant
- Do not have a local connection to the Homefinder area
- Have held a social housing tenancy for less than 2 years and have no identified housing need.
- Are considered unable to sustain a tenancy
- Have knowingly given false information or withheld relevant information as part of their Housing Application
For further information, please see the Homefinder Lettings Policy